In some very specific cases, you might want to exclude some EC2s from having cost-saving recommendations applied to them.
In this article, we will explain how to tag those resources so they are ignored by the EC2 fixers.
1. Login to AWS Console account where you resource is running.
2. Search EC2 AWS service and open the Instances dashboard
3. Find the target instance and open it
4. Check the checkbox and open the Tags tab then click on Manage tags button
5. Add new tag
Key = cloudfix:dontFixIt, Value = true making sure to respect the upper case. Other syntaxes not respecting the case sensitivity will be ignored.
6. Click "Save" and now cloudfix:dontFixIt tag was added successfully