While CloudFix is designed to unlock significant savings in your AWS bill you are wondering if CloudFix itself incurs additional charges on your AWS bill as part of its operation.
CloudFix incurs negligible additional costs on your AWS bill. These costs are created from the following sources:
- CloudFix calls CloudWatch APIs to populate an S3 bucket in the CloudFix account. These costs are really minor (less than $0.1 per resource annually). CloudWatch metrics are only collected for resources where CloudFix can generate cost-saving recommendations. Costs are less than $1 annually for every resource.
- Resource Inventory collection using AWS Config:
- If you already have AWS Config, CloudFix does not incur any additional charges.
- If you don’t already have AWS Config, CloudFix will create that delivery channel. CloudFix creates a graph of your AWS resources from AWS Config data. AWS Config charges $3 for every 1000 ConfigItems (i.e., creation, deletion or change/reconfiguration of an AWS account/resource). In most cases, this is a negligible amount (lower than 0.1% of AWS costs). In rare cases, where resources are created and torn down rapidly, costs can be around 0.5% of AWS costs.
- CloudFix also consumes SNS updates from AWS Config to update the graph, with negligible cost to customers.
- Cost & Usage Report (CUR) - These reports are stored in an S3 bucket in your account. This costs less than 0.025% of total AWS costs, or $0.25 annually per 1000 resources in the account.