As we continuously release more and better finders and fixers, some might require a newer version of the CloudFix CloudFormation template to run. To make sure you can take advantage of all the available opportunities to save in your AWS bill, please check regularly that you are running the most up-to-date template.
1. You can check your current version as well as see if there are updates available by logging into CloudFix and going to the
2. On another tab in the same window, sign in to your AWS Console on the management account using the following AWS link: https://signin.aws.amazon.com
3. If any upgrade is available, you will see the
upgrade to latest link. Clicking it will being up the below dialog:
4. Both buttons need to be utilized for the upgrade to go through:
Copy link- Click on it to copy the CloudFormation template link (to your clipboard) using which you can download the
cloudfix-onboarding.yamlfile. For reference, you can paste it in your browser to download this file. It has information related to the CloudFormation template that will be used for the upgrade.
Find your stack- This will take you to the AWS console where the CloudFix related CloudFormation stack
CloudFix-prod stack from the list and click the
Replace current template.
Amazon S3 URL as the one that was copied in step 4 using the
Next. Do not modify the parameters and click
9. Do not modify the parameters and click
Step 3 - Configure stack options
10. The last
Review step on the CloudFormation console will be visible as:
11. Scroll down the page and check the boxes for both:
I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources with custom names.and
I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might require the following capability: CAPABILITY_AUTO_EXPAND
CloudFormation console will display the CloudFix stack and will show the status as
UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS until all stacks are updated. This can take a few minutes. You can use the refresh button on the
Events tab under
CloudFormation > Stacks > CloudFix-prod to check the status of the upgrade:
After this is completed, if you refresh the CloudFix's
Overview page, the updated version will be seen and the
upgrade to latest link will no longer be seen.